Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Raw is Potential

Reading here over the next while is likely to not be for the faint of heart.

I had simply gone silent, knowing that the turmoil inside was not pretty, and opting to keep it inside rather than spew it all over here. There is no eloquence to me when my thoughts and feelings boil like they are now. I am simply raw and the words that express that rawness are not fine and polished. They spill everywhere without much to hold them back and without much finesse. I began to write again because I was commanded to. Commands are commands.

Jewels, please... We are friends. Were and are. The tenderness right now is palpable. I am sorry for that. Stay with me. I know that is a lot to ask. Thank you for the patience you are bringing to this. I am not meaning to hurt you. And I really know you meant no harm at all. I told you not to take responsibility for what is not yours. I meant it then and I mean it now.

Searabbit, your question about T is perfectly on target. She is what I hope to be someday when I grow up. She laid a path that I hope to learn to walk. She made space for me simply because I made Tom happy. I am sure it didn't necessarily make her ecstatic. She figured it out somehow. Jewels thrills Tom on so many levels. I will find this path if I have to move along it on my belly. T left me enough markers.

Jewels talked about the consensual side of things and the slapping that did, in fact, occur Saturday night. And anonymous calls it abuse... Even jack, who is a friend who has been with us for a lot of years suggests that it is perhaps time for me to walk away... The reality is that there is something in that moment that is riveting and difficult and painful and shocking. It is so elemental that it shifts the conversation and the tone. For me. For us. For everyone who thinks or knows about it. It is the quintessential act of ownership and control, when one person removes from another the possibility of believing they have a choice or an equal standing in the power exchange. I consented to His right to handle that moment in that way long ago. It didn't feel fair and it didn't feel just and it didn't feel reasonable to me in that instant. Still doesn't. I felt outraged and hurt and betrayed and humiliated, and it was His absolute right to choose to end the escalation of my behavior as He saw fit. We will, as we work through all the emotions around all of this, come to "the slap" perhaps. When we do, we'll work with whatever is attached to it. We've dealt with much bigger stuff. We know we can do that as well. He stopped a spiral that needed to be stopped. He took control. I ask Him for that. Expect it. That it infuriates and scares me sometimes is my personal internal battle.

I am raw. I am all nerves. I am frightened. I am also growing and learning. Hang on for a wild ride. I have no idea where this is going. What I know for absolute certainty is that, short of His releasing me, I'll be the slave of the Heretic when the whirling stops.

swan

5 Comments:

At 12:34 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

My beautfiful swan you are mine always and all ways and then a couple of years more.

I love you:)

Tom

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger Joy said...

*hugs* I wish you peace and serenity. I wish you all strength to move through this and closer together.

 
At 3:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Although I don’t necessarily agree with anonymous that you should “get out” I do think this slapping business should be dealt with. It should not be rationalised or minimised.

It strikes me that your nemesis offers the best solution when she suggests that you and T tag team Tom while he is sleeping. It warms my heart to think of him trying to doze off with one eye open for the next few weeks.

I have learned a great deal about my silly fantasy that a person can be reformed through the imposition of Corporal Punishment. I was astounded to discover that people who truly know something about D’s generally disregard the use of “punishment”. You and Tom helped me to understand that you can’t get rid of bad habits, or bring about changes in attitude with a strap, paddle or cane. I wonder, however, if a good thrashing (or a series of them) can’t be used to prove to an offender that what he has done was totally unacceptable. I would be surprised if Tom is not as upset (even more upset) than you for having allowed himself to fall so far from what he proclaims to be proper or acceptable.

A session trussed up in his own stocks every morning for a week (or even a month) to receive a good going over by you or T would go a long way towards expiation of his sins.

(lol lol - I find it absolutely delicious to think of ‘Tom’, ‘expiation’ and ‘sins’ in the same sentence. Tom, as the subservient penitent is a vision that simply delights me. – I must stop this! The thought of being spanked every day – for cause – by two beautiful women is going to give me a stroke.)

Jack

 
At 6:19 PM, Blogger Algor Langeaux said...

growth is never easy.
...it is never painless.

...just like love.

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger Lady Janon said...

I don't purport to offer advice or suggestions or even my opinion, because what the heck do I know?!

All I can say is I have had great respect for T when reading that *on her wedding night (ish)* she finds out she is destined for poly. Ay yai yai, that would throw me for a loop! She must be awesome, strong, and tolerant.

I read your journal as a guide/explanation/sort of preview of what poly life might be like for pet and I, and I appreciate your bare honesty always.

Hugs to you and yours, life is always better on the other side of a great struggle...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home