Saturday, September 10, 2005

Hosting Ghosts

For those of you of a certain age...
You are now entering The Twilight Zone...
We've all been watching the news reports from the Gulf Coast with a mixture of shock and horror and dismay and anger. That is as it should be. I don't want any of what I am going to say here to diminish that in any way, and I fear that there is likely to be some sense that this may make light of all of the very real human suffering that is occurring, and is going to continue to occur all through the Gulf Region. That is not my intention at all. I have been and continue to be simply appalled at the depth of the tragedy that we have witnessed these last two weeks in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina and then "Hurricane Bureaucracy."

With that disclaimer, here's the reality that I've been experiencing the last night or two.

It seems that the destruction displaced not only the living but also the dead. I have a Gulf Coast ghost.

Some of you, if you've read here a bit, may know that I seem to attract ghosts. They like me for whatever reason. I am not sure what brings them in, but I do appear to have whatever that special something is, and am vulnerable to "ghost attachment" on a fairly regular basis.

I just hadn't been prepared for the likelihood that Katrina would stir up a whole raft of them and set them traveling, although when I think about it, it makes sense. The Gulf Coast is an area of our country with a long and rich history. The French, the Spanish, the English, The Acadians, all had their time there along with the Indigenous peoples of the area and the Africans who were brought in, brutally, and against their will, as slaves... It is that mix that gives the region its amazing and unique culture.

Anyway, I think my "ghost" seems to be Spanish, strong and healthy, and none too happy. He's not particularly aggressive, but he is a bit scary. He's dark haired and dark eyed, dressed in some sort of buckskin-like clothing. He does not seem to be armed, but I have the impression that he is comfortable with weapons. He's appearing in my sleep, but I am quite clear that this is not a dream/nightmare sort of encounter. I am doing my usual "ghost" talk with him -- "we are not going to harm you, but there is nothing here for you. You need to go on from here to whereever it is you were headed. we wish you peace and rest." I am feeling the need, with this one to fend him off physically, which is rare. Master has awakened me at least once while I was physically involved with my ghost, and He could see me wrestling with it. Interestingly, when He touched me, the ghost left. That is unusual, because generally, they are aware enough of others that the intervention of another person doesn't really change the interaction all that much. It is, however, not sending him away entirely. At least not yet.

Hopefully, I'll find the energy to settle the ghost enough to let him find his way to wherever he needs to be. I do find these visits very disquieting. I simply wasn't thinking in this particular direction, or I'd have been more careful about the likelihood that there'd be spirits everywhere just now...

swan

6 Comments:

At 10:02 AM, Blogger Sue said...

Well, Loki, it seems that Tom has convinced this fellow that moving on is prudent. Seems good to me.

swan

 
At 5:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my...that sounds...scary a bit, but somehow I think you will handle it just fine..

*hugs* take care :)

 
At 3:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a Swedenborgion, so the world of spirits is about as familiar to me as France or South Africa. I’ve never been to these places but they are very real to me. I certainly do not believe in “Ghosts”, if one sees them as departed souls roaming about in this world looking for a place to park themselves. Although we are seldom aware of it, everyone in this “Natural” world also exists in the “Spiritual” and we attract many spirits due to the nature of the things we love and value most. We can be profoundly moved and motivated by the spirits (both good and bad) that surround us. Sometimes these persons can actually inset themselves into our conscious but we can be reasonable sure that those that do so are mischievous or want to dominate us. I feel that Loki gives excellent advise.. Tell them to get lost.

I find , however, that people who are dying appear to draw protecting spirits that are obviously there to ease the passing from one world into the other. Most of the people I attended during the end of their lives mention these visits. Both Marty and I would take the confidences of these friends as an almost sure indication that they had only a few weeks to live. Usually they will talk in fond terms about visits from family and departed friends.

One of my most vivid memories is of sitting with a young man and his asking me if I could see Susie sitting besides me. The young fellow was a hooker who had lived most of his life in homes and schools for incorrigible children. He wasn’t very bright to begin with and his aids dementia made him difficult to work with. “Susie”, I learned while discussing his vision with him, was a little girl he had known for about a week when he was very young. They had met and played together for a short time while both families were at a public campground. Susie went off with her father to pick up something from town and never returned. She had died in an auto crash.

Jack

 
At 9:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Searbbit, I couldn’t agree more.

Trying to make the spirit world visible or to conjure up “entities” does nothing other than attract harmful spirits. Well meaning spirits will do everything to avoid this type of contact out of a strong desire to protect your freedom.

One of the advantages of acknowledging the effect of the spirit world upon your natural person is it helps you understand that many of the hateful thoughts, desires, and moods that rise up into your conscious mind are not our own. They only become your own when you accept them and act upon them. One of the ways “bad” spirits try to control us is through the guilt feelings we have because of the ideas and urges that they have instilled in us.

Jack

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger Sue said...

I haven't much in the way of sophisticated theory or philosophy or theology or dogma about my encounters with ghosts. What I understand about the experience is just that -- experiential. I've not been harmed by any of them, although, I don't find the actual events particularly pleasant. It is like walking into a cobweb, and I'd prefer to avoid them. I've no wish to be unpleasant with them generally, although I am glad to have them on their way as soon as practical. I do act to protect myself from brushes with them as I can and I avoid situations where I'm likely to snag them, but my sense is that they are not bent on harming me and so I regard my propensity to attract them as a source of anxiety more than anything else. Noting of course that there could be "wolves" out there, but that's another issue altogther.

swan

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger Grumblin said...

Oh , there are "wolves"..

But given the "Like attracts Like" principle, people must have a pretty deep Dark Side to them to attract them.
And even then most people are simply insensitive to them, no purchase, no chance..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home