Sunday, August 21, 2005

Violet Wand

One of our most esoteric toys -- the violet wand -- almost got lost in my divorce.

For those of you who don't know, a violet wand is an electrical toy. It generates static electricity, and is based on a Tesla coil. They are the descendents of quack medical devices, popular in the 1930's, when they were thought to cure darn near everything...

This one is a newly manufactured device (many on the market today are re-manufactured, older models). It has numerous attachments, most of them glass, capable of delivering a variety of electrical shocks (of varying intensity) to the body of the "victim." Using it takes some care, although it is not a particularly risky sort of play.

T and I are both great fans of the wand. Master is not particularly fond of the critter. He finds the sensations it delivers to be "creepy."

Purchasing such an item is not a small investment. I think that when the former husband and I bought this thing, we paid nearly $400 for it. I have kicked myself for letting it slip out of my grasp, especially since I was quite sure he was not likely to use it. In fact, when I got up my nerve and asked for it back, he put up no fuss at all, and relinquished it quite easily.

Now, we have it. We just have to figure out who and how and when we're going to play with it. May be us girls will just have to break the beastie out... Ya think?

swan
Link

1 Comments:

At 8:24 PM, Blogger Joy said...

*sighing* I loooove the violet wand, especially when paired with a knife. I've only had one opportunity to try it but once was enough to get me hooked.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home