Monday, July 18, 2005

Right now...

The road to submission/slavery takes many different curves. Everyone follows their own way and ends up in the place that suits them and those to whom they belong and serve. Along the way, changes happen and growth comes and life brings its own lessons. Through the years that I've done this, I've struggled and hurt and soared and despaired; thought I knew it all and figured I'd never get it figured out at all...

Right now I am involved and consumed in changing ice packs. In helping with physical therapy twice a day. In assisting with showering and middle of the night toileting. In figuring out how the in blazes one puts those blasted compression stockings on without causing even more pain. In keeping track of medications. In helping to manage all the many little day to day tasks that negotiating life with a walker makes almost impossible. I rub His head and scratch His feet with His beloved knives and soothe Him when He is tired and frustrated.

Submission, for now, is expressing itself in a sense of calm, a sense of peace, an intent focus on the work that needs to be done for my Master's well-being and healing. I am aware of the banking of my sexual drives at this moment, even as His are in abeyance -- there will be time for us to find that place again together, but that time is not now. Now, I am feeling easy and sweet and simply here in the rhythm of these days, working to bring Him to wellness and strength.

Not sexy reading I know... But here is my heart this day.

swan
Link

4 Comments:

At 4:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's what it's all about - taking care of the ones you love. For me, there is no higher calling. The rest is just icing on the cake.

Good post!

 
At 11:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Swan you really don't need to write sexy posts to be interesting, your thoughts and writing have a depth and stark honesty that is humbling to read.
You're a very special human being, as Dancer said you are blessed indeed.

 
At 7:26 PM, Blogger Sue said...

Thank you jewels, Sea, dancer, and Paul, for the simple gift of being here with me. Company is most appreciated.

swan

 
At 2:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just got connected to your blog through the poly-amory site....Very interesting , love your writing.

After having knee surgury twice, I can tell you that it will be better, great even in time...I am looking forward to skiing again this winter....

The best to you three...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home