Tuesday, October 18, 2005

October 18

My brother, Gregg, would have been 45 today.
He would have hated that.
Tall, and handsome. Lithe and beautiful. Gregg was my fabulous, flaming, taffeta-queen, queer brother. He was also my alter ego.
He succumbed to HIV AIDS in November just after his 31st birthday, and I seem to miss him more, not less, as I get older.
There were four of us. Me, and the three younger brothers. The two other boys seemed to align as a pair, and then there were Gregg and I. Somehow, we understood each other. Perhaps it was that "odd" otherness that we shared...
Anyway... I remember giving him a card in the last weeks of his life... Pooh to Piglet -- "I'll never ever forget you, Piglet..."

Happy Birthday, Piglet -- wherever you are.

swan

1 Comments:

At 10:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear of your loss.
magdala~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home