Thursday, October 06, 2005

Back to Basics

His.
His Household.
His Vision.
His Wants, Needs, Desires.

Too many other voices, thoughts, judgements, demands, manipulations have intruded on my energies, and time and thinking of late. I've become distracted and unsettled and fragmented in my focus.

I need to get back to basics and to first principles. He will guide me as he sees fit. I will do as He commands. It is enough. What I would choose is not a matter for discussion except between He and I. Should He feel some element of how I feel about that needs to be further explored here, I will do so as He directs.

My loyalty, my obedience, my trust all belong to Him. All other claims on my heart are secondary to that one, and to the degree that He gives me to control them, of my choosing.

swan

2 Comments:

At 2:55 PM, Blogger magdala said...

The basics and the first principle, always a good place for any of us to start, especially when we have been unfocused and distracted. Thank you.

 
At 6:20 AM, Blogger Sue said...

Thanks magdala, kaylem. Trying to keep myself from looking to those places where my emotional responses get me tangled up.

swan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home