Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Favorite Toys -- Temptation's Tag

Temptation tagged me with the question: "What 5 toys would you keep if you had to give up everything else? Which ones are your favorites?" There are so many, it is tough to say which ones are really "favorites." They fill different places in our lives and our play and our relationship, and many of them have stories to tell. Still, the question is there, so here goes...

I would, given my choice, almost always choose --

The buffalo flogger. It is heavy and thuddy without a lot of sting. Buffalo hide has a texture that is not rough and scratchy like suede; much more sensual even though it is heavier.

The red, braided, llama-hide cat. This one is light but stingy without being horribly wicked. Besides, it is just a lovely piece of work, and one of the few whips from Snakepit Leather that I still have from the several that were acquired by my ex-husband and I.

The long, narrow leather strap that came as a "throw-in" freebie from Hanson paddle. It stings like mad and leaves welts and makes me catch my breath, but there is something about it that I really like better than the much heavier straps that we own. It doesn't feel like it will break skin (or bones) in the same way that the heavier beasties do.

The rattan cane. I am not a fan of canes generally, but when it comes time for caning, I like that one way better than the synthetic cousins...

The single tail. This is a love-hate pick. I really hate and fear the whip. It scares me to death and I never willingly choose the whip. It is always His to command and the entire time that I spend under the whip is an effort and an agony and an ordeal. That said, I know that the whip was and is my gift to Him, and making it through a session with the whip brings me a sense of triumph that is hard to describe.

swan
Link

2 Comments:

At 12:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yummy. Great choices!

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Temptation, our single tail (signal whip actually) that sue referred to was actually something she commissioned Snake Pit to custom make for me for my birthday two years ago. It is a beautiful work of art and I love it, not only because of what it means to me because she had it made for me to use with her, but also because of its excellent quality. She could certainly have found cheaper. She really could not have done much better in terms of quality. I have come to understand that it is better to have 5 excellent implements than a whole toy bag of crap from adult bookstores or the like.

I love the teaching of Whip Master Bob Deeghan when asked by students how good a whip they need to invest in. He tell them he's never had a bottom he's about to flog ask him to use anything other than the very best quality whip he owns:)

We wondered when you tagged us how we would ever narrow our toys down to five we preferred. We joked that we would bury our bed in toys and take a picture of them and ask how we could ever prioritize them all. We easily have over $10,000.00 invested in hundreds of various implements restraints and pieces of BDSM furniture.

I'm pleased to see sue decided to underatake to prioritize those she most "enjoys."

All the best:)

Tom

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home