Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Master's Tender, Sensitive Side



Jewels (http://lockandki.blogspot.com) has told us that she worries that people only see one side of Master, and that they have the impression that while He is very bright, He is also evil, and arrogant, and wickedly mean... Well, there is some validity to that. He makes His career out of that bright, arrogant, and (when necessary) wickedly mean personna. A good political advocate and champion doesn't "win" for the people who need Him by being sweet and soft spoken when it comes time to go after what He wants and believes in. The people who depend on the advocacy work that Master does, need that "killer" instinct He brings to bear on their behalf -- and He is damn good at what He does. Make no mistake about it.

On the other hand, He isn't always the "tough guy." Sometimes, even Masters need rescuing.

Take this morning for instance... There was "an incident."

Early this morning, as I was preparing to leave for school, and Master was doing the things that He normally does to facilitate that process -- fixing breakfast and my lunch and moving the cars around, He started to go out our front door.

Except a BIRD had taken refuge on the front porch. You see, it was cold and rainy last night. There was a large, empty flower pot out there on the porch and the BIRD had taken refuge from the storm. Master opened the front door, stepped out, and the BIRD ATTACKED Him... Scared the bloody hell out of Him!!!

You see, Master is deathly afraid of birds... Pretty much all birds. Canary, robin, starling, humming bird, eagle -- doesn't really matter. Birds freak Him out.

He told me the BIRD was about THIS BIG (picture something about the size of a chicken), and that He thought it probably had sharp teeth. He really didn't know what kind of BIRD it was -- only that it was vicious and determined to try and kill Him and that there was no way that He would be able to get next door to see T this morning because, after all, the BIRD was still out there.

Poor Master.

I finished my breakfast. Headed for the front door. Opened it up. Stepped out and shooed the mourning dove off the front porch. Silly creature just wanted to stay out of the rain. I think, however, it had had just about enough rotten, crazy people for one morning.

Poor BIRD.

I'm surprised He keeps a swan around here, if you really want to know...

swan

6 Comments:

At 9:34 PM, Blogger Joy said...

*chuckles* Poor, poor man.

 
At 8:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting post swan, it provides a nice insight into Tom.
Of course the only way I could know Tom is from yours and his writing.
I've never had the impression that he is either mean or evil, killer instinct when necassary, that's clear from his writing.
We all have our Achilles'heel, mine is moths, Mel used to deal with them for me.:-)
Hugs.
Paul.

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

But but but......you don't understand. That little dove who waddled off the porch when you went out and whispered, was nothing like the giant vulture- hawk-perigrin Falcon-Eagle winged monster from hell that flew at my head when I sauntered out on the porch to bring in the newspaper. You just saw this little dove, that seemed to come from the same place as my avion assailant, and ASSUMED that was what had spooked me.

I think somebody needs a good paddling:)

Tom

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined. (Unless a really really big damned bird gets in the way....then run screaming like a little girl:(

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger 'nilla said...

Okay, I know this is none of my business,but I am just trying to follow along here, but he has to leave the house to visit T? I'm confused. Feel free to fill me in or not.

Signed,
Nosey lurker.

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

'nilla, we occupy two side by side condo's and go back and forth between them. To go from one to the other you do have to go outside for about 14 feet.

We conceptualize our lifestyle as being in one large home that happens to have some outdoor hallways and two separate kitchens....which can actually be quite an asset when entertaining.

All the best:)

Tom

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger Grumblin said...

ROFL!!

Bags, Woman!! You made me spray my coffee all over my keyboard...

Evil bird indeed... :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home