Wednesday, June 08, 2005

The Single Tail that I gave Him

It is a powerfully evocative implement…the single tail whip. In the hands of one who knows how to use it well, the single tail can bring forth every sensation from delight to agony, and watching one who uses it with mastery is like seeing the most elegant of ballets.

I knew my Master dreamed of and lusted after owning a fine single tail whip. He’d purchased relatively inexpensive single tail “wannabe” and substitutes, and He’d taken part in a number of workshops with a well-known expert. He was so ready for a real, fine, quality whip of His own, and, of course, someone to use it on…

So I started on a quest to find the whip that would make that dream a reality for Him, so that I might give Him the whip He wanted for His birthday. I called the expert that had given the workshops where my Owner had trained. He gave me the name of a whip maker that he liked, but that person never returned my phone calls -- back to the drawing board. Finally, I tracked down a maker of fine leather toys that I knew and trusted because, well, I’d had personal contact with his handiwork. He didn’t steer me wrong. He spent a lot of time talking to me about what I was looking for, and about my Master – His size and strength and play style. Eventually he made a recommendation and helped me select a whip. It wasn’t inexpensive, but then I knew where the end of that whip was going to be landing, and it didn’t seem prudent to me to go cheap in this instance.

The whip arrived a few weeks before the birthday during what turned out to be some very difficult days for our family. My Master was in a fog of depression and despair. I wasn’t at all sure that by the time the day came to be giving the gift, any of us would care. Maybe I’d spent a lot of money and time all for nothing, but custom made whips are not returnable items and you can’t just give them to your mom for Christmas, so…

I wrapped it up and we sang the happy birthday song and He opened it up and guess what? The fog lifted and the whip was unfurled and – guess who got a birthday whipping?

swan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home