Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Tomorrow is my surgery

Tomorrow is my surgery. D&C and ablation. And I am not upset and I am not particularly fearful.

More resigned. Ready, really, to just do this and have it done with.

I suppose there are risks to this, but they seem minor. The hassles and issues of not doing this are so far more aversive than the potential benefits to be gained from these procedures.

So here I am at 10:00 the night before. A couple hours more to eat and drink before I must observe the NPO pre-surgical orders. And then, for me at least, things are relatively easy: go to sleep and let it happen. The doctor has the hard part. And The Heretic...and T. They have to wait for me to come back out the other side. And then I'll hopefully sleep and rest and feel better.

And the weirdnesses of these last few months and years will be over with. Wow! I can't imagine how that might end up being.

So... through the next few hours and then through the next few weeks...

And then maybe a life that will be well and healthy and strong again. And sexy. I so want that.

swan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home