Wednesday, June 08, 2005

In the Dungeon at OLF

Ohio Leather Fest (OLF) is the place where we first met, real-time and, for us it is a place that holds special significance. Too, it is a place for us to play in a “public” setting; a place to be among others who are “like” us. Public play has a special intensity and a special magic. To take what we do for much of the year in private and do it in the company of others gives it a presence and authenticity and validity which transforms it into something deeply and powerfully spiritual for us.

In August of 2003, the OLF dungeon was to be the site where The Heretic and I would play for the first time publicly as declared Master and slave. We’d weathered much together to be able to stand together in that place and we were looking forward to the event with much anticipation.

Then disaster struck. As we loaded our car, preparing to leave to drive to Columbus for the event, the phone rang. Event organizers were calling to tell us that the hotel had cancelled the event’s booking and that they were scrambling to find a place for it to be held. We would have to rebook our rooms in another hotel and they would let us know where the various workshops and play parties would occur -- all this less than twelve hours from the scheduled start of a major leather conference event. We were dumbstruck and heartsick. Still, it was OLF…the event that we look forward to every year, and we’d paid our money. So, we loaded the car and drove to Columbus.

When we arrived, we found that the workshops and play parties were to be held in a musty, rain-soaked, waterlogged, hot, humid, dismal warehouse. Nothing could have been further from the setting we’d envisioned for the debut of our public coming out as Master and slave, but here we were. For years we’d preached that SM was “religion” that, when done right, had the power to transform and transcend time and place. If ever there was a moment when it needed to do that, this was it.

We walked into the dungeon that Friday night with one purpose between us; to play together, and in playing, to come together as one for all to see. It was to bond to one another that we were there that night. He led me to a cross, pulled me to Him, and told me that He would have me and that He would make me burn for Him. I held to Him and knew it would be the most intense night I’d ever spent with Him. I also knew that I would be absolutely safe in His care. He put my cuffs on and fastened me to the cross and then He told me that, tonight, I was free to make as much noise as I liked. For us, this is a rare luxury, as our living circumstances dictate that our play must be somewhat quiet most of the time. He went after me with paddles and straps and that single tail whip of His. I bucked and shrieked and walked that cross all over that dungeon. He brought forth not just marks and tears, but blood and sweat. When, finally, we’d both reached the point of collapse, and He’d taken me down; when we’d cleaned up the area and packed up the toys, we took a bit of a walk around the dungeon – I in just my Heels and my cuffs. I’ve never felt such fierce joy or pride. The crowd parted around us in awe, and I have to say there were no newbies lined up waiting to play with my Master that night…

swan

4 Comments:

At 6:42 AM, Blogger Malcolm said...

I wish I could have seen and heard that. Weren't you wearing a collar?

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger Sue said...

Ahhhh... Yes, you are right. It was at this OLF that I received my collar. So, yes, I would have been wearing that as well... Already, though, at that point, wearing it felt very natural, and I hardly noticed it. That is true to this day -- heavy as it is, when it is in place, it sits so naturally on my neck that I seldom notice its weight or presence unless I happen to brush my hand against it or catch sight of it in a mirror. Most often, I am reminded of it when someone asks about it...

swan

 
At 10:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

swan,

I am Kelly (Chantryss) one of the co-chairs of OLF. I'vebeen reading your blog for a while, and I have enjoyed the refernces you make to your experieinces at OLF. This entry however, truly warmed my heart. That year, for OLF, was both wonderful, and horrible. The support we got from everyone, was so very touching though. To hear how you has such a special moment of your life at OLF brings me a great deal of satisfaction.
Thank you for sharing. Thanks for suporting OLF too! IF you are there again in August, findme and introduce yourself.

Hugs
Kelly!

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Kelly, it is ironic to read your comment here this morning. We three were just talking over breakfast about OLF this year. I haven't missed an OLF for 5 years, but I fear this year may have to be my first. I am having a total knee replacement July 8. I fear I would not be able to enjoy or participate much in the event.

I particularly am saddened to not take advantage of the opportunity to practice single tail with Bob Deegan, but that relies so havily on knee flexion that I will not be able to participate in that either.

We often have trouble too attending OLF because it generally is held the week before Sue returns to school. If we were to attend this year Sue would have to leave us Sunday morning to attend her school's annual beginning of the school year open house, which makes the event difficult for us to enjoy as a family.

I fear we will just have to look longingly at 2006 and hope we can accomodate the event's schedule then.

Thank you for making this BDSM community event possible. It has added tremendously to our lives and to allowing us to know we are not alone.

Tom

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home