Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Potpourri...

There are a whole "raft" of things that I'd talk at length about this morning if I had about three hours to just sit and go on and on... I'm happy in a kind of low key and relaxed sort of way and not very focused feeling. Got a bunch of stuff floating around in there, bumping up against my neurons. Maybe just a taste of the stew:

Menopause and why I don't seem to be anywhere near it yet. My mother was there by now, so what the heck? I'm really done with this crap you know? Being a girl isn't all that much fun. Not to put too fine a point on it... Seems all I can muster however is a dandy crop of fibroids and some irregular bleeding that makes life sort of ugly from time to time. Condi Rice got hers handled, so why not me?
Vaginal fisting. Now there's a topic that's close to my heart. Seems I can't seem to do it anymore. Hurts like the dickens. We used to do it all the time and it rocked my world. Now it is scary and miserable and I miss it terribly. And I'm the one who can't get wrapped around it -- literally. Damn!

Mud. The snow is melting and there is now mud everywhere. Mostly on my carpet. Ick. Hopefully as it dries, the vacumn will get most of it up. Between the muddy footprints and the increasingly elderly cat's increasingly delicate stomach, there is simply no hope for my carpet. I know slaves are supposed to be on their knees but this is just silly!

Sometimes your kids can make you cry. The message in the Christmas card from the boy-child said, "I miss you Mom and I am proud of you for working to become the woman you want to be." Awwwww.....

And just in case anyone thinks that the Heretic doesn't care about this swan, I'm writing this from my place here in front of my SAD light. You see, I get the blues when the winter days grow dark and gloomy. No sunshine and this bird starts to droop. So... He figures I might be one of those folks who suffers from Seasonal Affective Disorder. I've always gotten low in the late winter. When I lived in Colorado, that came in February, but the skies tend to be bluer and sunnier out that way. Here in Ohio, there is much more grayness to the days. Nevermind. With characteristic, decisiveness, that "diagnosis" led to rapid study and research and then the purchase of the biggest, meanest SAD light on the planet -- shipped to us from Alaska. If anyone knows about dark and gloomy winters, it ought to be those folks. So now I spend an enforced half hour a day in front of my "grow" light. And I do think it helps. Seems to be leveling out the winter time blahs of the droopy swan. Ain't love grand?

swan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home