Friday, March 18, 2005

Peanut butter Cookies

I made peanut butter cookies a few days ago. For us, such things are just a pure treat and a luxury. When you live in a household with diabetics, things like cookies are so rare. And, to tell the truth, the cookies weren't like the ones I remember from my childhood, from the life I lived before diabetes was part of my life and my thinking. These were made with all natural peanut butter (it has better numbers for fat and sugar and sodium), and whole wheat flour, and agave nectar, and Splenda sweetener. They were awfully dry and crumbly, not at all moist and chewy like the ones I had in my memory. But they had that flavor... and they made Himself happy, so that was a happy thing. We had them for dinner with a wonderful, rich turkey soup. And there were some left over for another time.

Then a couple nights ago, He brought the plate with the last few into bed with us late at night. We snuggled there close together, still unable to spank or make love as my recovery proceeds, and munched those cookies, giggling like a pair of kids as the crumbs fell everywhere on us and all over the bed. What a mess! Glorious! It has been so long since we've laughed and just enjoyed some simple time together. The bed is still full of the silly crumbs. I cannot seem to brush them all away no matter what I do, and I am still restricted to lifting no more than five pounds, so changing the sheets is not in the cards for a few more days. But I am happy to sleep with the memories of that wonderful, giggly night, and the pure joy of sharing peanut butter cookies in bed with Master.

swan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home